Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 - New Year, New Dreams

From a very young age, I always wanted to be a photographer. I got the love of the camera from my mom. I think it was that she got too busy at family events so she would give me the camera and I would be the "official photographer" whereever we went.

Anyway, I love taking pictures. I love going back and re-living my life through pictures. Some say I take too many, I say I don't take enough.

For 2012, my goal is take pictures every day. They may be family events, hockey games, vacation pics, or just random shots that I have taken. But for each day of the year, I plan on taking and blogging at least one picture daily. Too extreme of a goal? Maybe. Can I handle it? You bet.

My sister once gave me a Life photo magazine and signed it that she hoped one of my pictures would be in it one day. I still have that goal. I would love to do landscape photography and sell them to travel magazines. I love to travel and that always gives me the opportunity to take pictures. I love to do pictures for family events and I love to see people smile and be happy. Pictures grab that happiness even if it is just for the camera.

So if you see me and I have my camera...go ahead and smile...

January 1, 2012
I call it "Onion Volcano."
Taken at Siki's Japanese Steakhouse in Lee's Summit, Mo.
Family event - Christian's 14th birthday.

Hope you enjoy my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment