Sunday, January 8, 2012

Everybody's working for the weekend...

I know I sure was ready for it!! Okay, I have my pictures of the day in this one blog. But, I guarantee it will be worth the wait once you see what I have (IMHO).

Friday, January 6th, 2012
A farm right of Highway 7 heading into Pleasant Hill from Lee's Summit. I love how the trees cover the driveway. I plan on taking a picture of this again in the Spring, Summer and then Fall. Also, when we get snow - but I would be okay without the snow.

January 7th, 2012 - Independence Events Center (IEC)
The Missouri Mavericks vs. Quad City Mallards

Some say hockey is life. I wouldn't go that far, but I can tell you it's a blast having glass side seats. This was the first fight of the night. A 5'6 Maverick taking on a 6'2 Mallard and I can say that the little guy really whooped up on him.
I have always loved to watch ice skating. Gordeeva and Grinkov were my favorite of all but then I started to watch hockey and what a fun time to actually be there. I like the St Louis Blues and the Washington Capitols from the NHL. If you ever get a chance to go watch the Mavs do it, you won't be sorry.
January 8th, 2012
Backyard
Living out in the country (well edge of town) really has it's advantages. The stars are brighter, the air is fresher and the moon seems as if you can see "the man." Thought this was a cool shot from the back deck. Hope everyone agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment